Many people experience a car accident at some point in their lives. Some individuals do not feel the immediate repercussions of an automobile accident. Perhaps they are in shock, or are lucky to have only been involved in a minor accident.
Regardless of the severity, it is crucial to seek out medical attention as soon as possible, as the effects of the impact are often delayed and can even worsen without proper care.
Common Injuries Resulting from Car Accidents
Some of the most common injuries that result from car accident impact include:
- Whiplash and concussions
- Muscle pain, bruising, and soreness
- Hand, wrist, or shoulder trauma
- Misaligned discs within the neck and back
- Herniated, bulging, or ruptured discs
- Sciatica or other nerve damage
- Knee injuries
- Foot and ankle injuries
Treatments We Offer for Car Accident Injuries
At Pure Wellness, we treat the vast majority of injuries sustained in car accidents. A key advantage of our treatments is that they significantly reduce the need to for medications (like painkillers) or invasive surgeries, which involve extensive recovery times and can be agonizing.
On the contrary, our treatments cause very mild side effects, if any, and involve little to no recovery time. This allows our patients to return to a pain-free, enjoyable life sooner. Car accidents are traumatizing and difficult enough, your recovery does not need to be as well.
- Chiropractic Care: Our highly trained chiropractors can provide you with all-natural, completely non-invasive pain relief from your collision symptoms. Among our treatments are gentle, but effective manual adjustments that aim to improve the range of motion within the spine, returning it to its natural and proper alignment.
Since the spine is the main structure of support for the entire body, it is crucial to maintain its form and structure for the overall health and well-being of any individual. When the spine is healthy, it can improve communication between the brain and rest of the body and may encourage the body’s natural ability to heal.
Patients can resume normal activities after manipulations and often times feel better immediately following the procedure.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy: Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy is another reformative treatment Dr. Miceli offers that helps to heal and restore damaged tissue at the source. PRP therapy helps to address the underlying cause of your pain for long-lasting pain relief.
The procedure first involves a doctor drawing a small amount of blood from the patient. The blood is then run through a centrifuge to further concentrate the platelet-rich plasma, which contains components essential for growth and healing functions.
When injected directly into the injured or ailing body tissue, these growth factors increase the number of reparative cells the body can produce, thereby stimulating the healing process, reducing inflammation, and easing pain. Since the treatments are created with your own blood, it also makes the likelihood of rejection virtually nonexistent.
If you’d like to learn more about recovering from the injuries sustained in a car accident, and are in the Palm Beach County area, call us today at (561) 469-6699 to schedule an appointment.